Seriously, is that hard?
To discovery which file type you have to use for your image just follow these simple instructions in following priority order:
- Have text? Use PNG.
- Is a piece of art like a draw, a painting or a webcomic? Use PNG.
- It is… moving! Use GIF.
- Is a photo? Use JPG.
- Is not exactly a photo but contains photos (like people. trees and landscapes)? Use JPG.
- Is not a photo, does not contain a photo but I remain concerned about the size of my file despite the breakthrough in telecommunication speeds. Try PNG with indexed palette and Floyd–Steinberg color dithering.
- Nah, man. Use JPG but with all lower compression or higher quality options you may find.
- It’s nothing listed above! Sir, your problem is far away from the scope of these instructions.